If your expertise fits any of these topics, take advantage by sending out a press release to newspaper, television and radio stations, or call up the media directly! For example, if you are an expert in health and wellness, contact the media in November, which is American Diabetes Month! Share your advice and expertise on how to control and treat diabetes.
Use these dates to create your own media opportunities by writing press releases on these topics, contacting newspapers, magazines and online media:
– November is American Diabetes Month- This is a month is designed to educate people on the importance of diabetes control and treatment to those diagnosed with the disease as well as their families.
– November is National Life Writing Month- This is an opportunity for people to celebrate themselves and their families by writing their life stories, in order to preserve autobiographies with future generations.
– November is Vegan Month- This outreach was created to educate and encourage people to adopt this way of life, of not eating or using any animal products, in order to promote an ethical, healthy and environmentally conscious lifestyle.
– The third week in November is American Education Week– This week is designed to focus on the importance on education and everything that it stands for.
– November 11th is Veterans Day- A day to remember those that fought in and were also lost in World War 1. Celebrated on this particular day because “at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day if the eleventh month” all the fighting ceased.
– November 28th is Thanksgiving- A day to eat and spend time together to celebrate family and friends.