If your expertise fits any of these topics, take advantage by sending out a press release to newspaper, television and radio stations, or call up the media directly! For example, if you are an expert in health and wellness, contact the media in February, which is American Heart Month! Share your advice and expertise on how to prevent heart disease.
Use these dates to create your own media opportunities by writing press releases on these topics, contacting newspapers, magazines and online media:
– February is American Heart Month- During this time; the American Heart Association will shine the spotlight on their campaign, “Go Red for Women”. This campaign was started to bring awareness to women about cardiovascular disease, which claims the lives of 500,000 women each year.
– February is National Black History Month- A month to celebrate the achievements and contributions of African Americans.
– February is International Boost Self-Esteem Month/Expect Success- These two Events were created to motivate you to inspire yourself to seize new challenges, and emphasizing the importance of expecting nothing more than your best effort in any project/challenge.
– February is Time Management Month- You’ve made your New Years resolutions and scheduled your appointments, now its time to get organized and follow through with your commitments.
– The first week in February is Publicity for Profit Week- Learn to not only depend solely on someone else to gain publicity, but what you can do for yourself to get your name out there.
– February 2nd is Groundhog Day- Celebrating the old belief that if the groundhog sees his shadow when he emerges out of the ground, then six more weeks of winter will follow.
– February 14th is Valentines Day- A day to express those you love how important they are to you.
– February 17th is Presidents Day- A day to honor all former presidents of the US and observe the birthdays of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.