Frequent Publicity Questions
How you will benefit from publicity?
- The increased name recognition will lead to higher fees and more clients.
- Being featured as an expert in a news story will give you more credibility and is cheaper than advertising.
- Getting your name out in the media will bring long-lasting name recognition to a wide variety of audiences.
- Reach new markets, expand your client base and increase your profits.
- In exchange for your articles, publications will provide you with a resource box at the end of the article that will include important information about you, your book, your company, and your contact information.
- People will remember your name after seeing it repeatedly and will contact you to hire you or buy your book/products.
- Reporters will be contacting you because they’ve seen your name in the publications PR/PR contacted.
How to make publicity work for you?
After your articles have been printed in trade and business journals, and you have been quoted in newstand publications, you need to use this publicity to your advantage. Here are just a few things you can do to leverage your publicity:
- Get copies of newsstand, trade and industry publications to add to your media kit.
- Put it on your website. Send out emails or newsletters to let others know that you have been featured in these magazines, journals, etc.
- Add it to your one-sheet(s).
- Add it to your demo videos, DVD’s and CD’s
- Send personalized letters to prospects, associations and speaker’s bureaus.
- List notable publications in your brochure that you or your articles have been featured in.
- Mention these publications to potential clients when you’re on the phone.
- Put it in your speech introduction.
- Send out industry-specific articles to those who may hire you.